Bleed the power steering fluid is a crucial procedure that falls under the category of preventive maintenance of Toyota. Forcing air out of the liquid supply in a vehicle power steering Toyota ensure direction render the manner in which the driver expects. Inconsistencies in the performance of the power steering can be dangerous. Flushing the power steering fluid can be performed by a mechanic in a service station or by an owner of Toyota least experienced for a fraction of the cost.
You will need
- Spanner 13mm
- Rubber tube (transparent)
- Drain tank
- Power Steering Fluid
- Place box below Toyota and raise the car until the tires are separated from the soil surface.
- Raise the hood of the Toyota and seeks relief valve power steering on the right side of the compartment of the engine. Place a transparent tube on the valve. Place a drain tank under the pipe to catch the fluid that is expelled.
- Remove the lid of the power steering fluid and place a funnel into the container.
- Turn on Toyota.
- Open the bleed valve power steering with a wrench of 13 mm.
- Turn the steering wheel to the left and then to the right, so that the liquid flow from the purge valve to the pipe.
- Check the fluid power reserve fluid is expelled while the old fluid direction.
- Keep adding new fluid to the reserve while the old fluid is expelled until the flow of fluid from the bleed valve does not contain air bubbles.
- Sets the purge valve with spanner and remove the tube.
- Full backup power steering line up complete with power steering fluid.
- Raise the vehicle to remove the jack stands and then lower the Toyota to the floor. Close the hood.
Tips and Warnings
- Get help from an assistant to turn the wheel while you control the flow of fluid from the bleed valve.